Monday, October 22, 2012

Math Monday: Teaching CC Standards

Today we had a professional development after school on the new Common Core math standards. We have a lady coming in to help us each quarter with the standards we are supposed to be teaching and assessing during that quarter. She is fabulous and really helps us understand the standards. She helped us today on the 2nd quarter math standards.

K.CC.6: Greater than, less than, and equal to
One strategy she shared was to have the students practice using five and tens frames to compare sets. I made a set of five frames with 2 on a half page to work with my kinders in small groups. I think this will help them understand how sets match up and how one set is greater than, less than, or equal to another set.
I am so tired tonight that I can't share any more with you but I will share some more ideas for teaching the CC math standards soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover