Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Made It - Quiet Dice

I am once again linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Folics for her Monday Made It linky party.

This week I made the quiet dice I have seen on other teacher's blogs. I found the foam dice at Dollar Tree in a pack of 50 for $1.00 which I thought was a great purchase! I bought 2 packs so that I would have lots of blank dice to make different types of dice to use in my classroom.

Since we use the EveryDay Math curriculum, these dice will fit in perfectly. There are so many games and activities in the lessons that require dice and it can get very loud with 24+ kinders rolling dice on tile floors and hard tables.

To make the dice, I used the foam blocks and a black paint pen, but I am going to try out a permanent marker on the next set and see how they turn out.

I made the traditional dot dice with 1-6 dots:


I made number dice with numerals 1-6:



I made letter dice with vowels on red dice and consonants on blue dice:
I still have plenty of blank dice left and I am sure I will be making other kinds of dice as I think of ideas. Does anyone have any other ideas for dice to make to use in kindergarten?

2 comments:

  1. You could do capitals on one color and lower case on the other so the kiddos match them up. Just my first thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Emily! I am adding those to my to-do list!

    Joni
    KinderKids Fun

    ReplyDelete

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover