Saturday, August 11, 2012

Do You Use HM Journeys Reading Series?

This year our school district adopted a new reading series - Houghton Mifflin Journeys. I am amazed at the amount of materials included with this reading series. When I walked into my classroom, I had 8 boxes of materials including extra large flipcharts and a tub of big books and other materials for each of the 6 units. The materials look great, but I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed by the sheer volume of materials. 

Our kindergarten team has been trying to plan for the upcoming school year with this series, but I am still unsure. 

So here is my question for you:
Do any of you use this reading series? If you do, what words of wisdom do you have for a new teacher to this series?

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't already entered my giveaway for the Kindergarten Math CC Assessments Pack, please head over here to enter! The giveaway ends on Tues., Aug. 14th!

5 comments:

  1. Joni- My district adopted Journeys last year so this will be our second year using the program! I would love to hear from you if you have any questions. I also have some things I can share with you!
    My email is taradc87@hotmail.com

    Tara
    Little Minds at Work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First year to K journey. I need ideas for lesson 2 k

      Delete
  2. We use Journeys too. I am really overwhelmed by all of the stuff too. I have heard really good things about it, but I can't really tell you much else : (

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the help ladies! If you learn any new tricks or tips, they would be greatly appreciated and I will share on my blog what I learn along the way.

    Joni
    KinderKids Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, what are the themes for the units? We just voted for it in our county and I was just trying to think and plan ahead.

    ReplyDelete

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover