Monday, May 14, 2012

My Summer Bucket List

Happy belated Mother's Day! I spent the weekend with my wonderful mother-in-law since this is her first Mother's Day without her mom. We lost her back in October. She also has 2 boys (my husband and brother-in-law) so she doesn't have any girls. We had a great time in Charleston, SC. Then on Sunday evening my husband grilled hamburgers for my parents, his parents, and brother's family. It was a great weekend with my family!


I have only 13 more school days until summer break! Actually, the teachers has 14 days, but only 13 more with kiddos! Woo hoo!!
Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher, Hadar from Miss Kindergarten and April from A Modern Teacher are having a great linky party right now about everyone's summer bucket list of things they would like to get accomplished over the summer break. This sounded like a great idea to me so I had to join in the fun!


1) Read a few good books I have been wanting to read - I can't seem to read very much during the school year since I work and then want to look over all the great teaching blogs I have found when I get home. Not to mention that I fall asleep as soon as I stop to read something, so I plan to do some catching up this summer with these great books!
2) Organize my monthly materials into the correct binders and boxes - I started out pretty well but I need to work on the 2nd half of the year. They are pretty disorganized!


3) Some trips to the beach - I only live about 45 minutes away so it is an easy trip for me to make! I plan to spend some time with my toes in the sand and a book in my hands.
 4) Create some activities and units for my TpT store - I am envisioning some fall themes and beginning of the year activities that correlate with the Common Core standards. I have also purchased some cute clipart that I want to use to create some useful acitivities!
Kindergarten, 1st - English Language Arts, Holidays/Seasonal, Math - TeachersPayTeachers.com

5) Create a photobook of our wedding on Shutterfly - I figured this is an important summer project since I have been wanting to do it since we got married over 6 years ago! Wow! It has passed by so quickly! My photobook will be similiar to this one:
6) Learn more about my new Nikon d5100 DSLR camera - I want to learn to take better photographs using my fabulous camera my husband bought me for Christmas! I need to better understand all the photography lingo and how it works too. I plan to keep this camera in my hands over the summer since so many fun activities will be happening!
7) Some day/weekend trips to Lake Moultrie - My husband's work company has a place on the lake with a beach, dock, boat landing, and campsites right on the water. I can't wait to go for a visit. My nieces and nephew love to go too!
The sunset on the lake!
8) Organize my classroom library - I really want to get my books organized by themes and then catalog them all on my computer so I won't buy books more than once. I hate to spend money on books that I already have when I could spend them on different books. This pin from Pinterest is my inspiration: 

So needless to say I have a lot of things on my Summer Bucket List! I sure hope to get them accomplished!

3 comments:

  1. Love Karen White's books!!

    heathernnance@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to add the photo bookstore my list too! I try to make one for each year for my 2 kids. Very special, but takes tons of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Focus on #one and #three for sure! I can't wait to catch up on my reading too. Happy {almost} vacay!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover