Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Writing Wednesday: Winter Writing

This week we are finishing up our winter unit. Yesterday I read the book Snowmen at Night to my kinders.
 
After reading the story, we imagined what we thought snowmen would do at night. Here is how my students' writing turned out. Several of them are very good and creative while others just took ideas from the book. 

"They play snowball fight." This is one of my precious Hispanic children.

"They play ball."

"They had a snowball fight."

"They plays." This kiddo couldn't write anything when he came to me so this is a big improvement!

"They drink cold cocoa." This is one of my top readers/writers. She can spell pretty much anything!
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this book and reading response idea! I do a very similar one with my kids. This year, my favorite response to the sentence prompt was, "If I was a snowman at night, I would make a disco ball out of snow and DANCE!" :) :)

    ReplyDelete

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover