Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Math Monday (On a Tuesday!): Building Shapes

This post was supposed to go out yesterday but I was too tired when I got home so here it is on Tuesday. 

My kinders have been practicing with 2D and 3D shapes for a while so I decided to do a fun activity to have them practice building 2D shapes using pretzel sticks and marshmallows. Each kinder got 6 pretzel sticks and 6 mini marshmallows (in case they needed extras). The kiddos loved this activity! They were on task and engaged throughout the entire activity and loved that they got to eat the manipulatives at the end of the activity. This activity focused on the Math Common Core standard K.G.5. Here are some pictures of their completed shapes.





BTW: I just found out this morning that I have been approved to attend the SC Kindergarten Teachers Conference in Columbia on March 4 & 5. I am so excited to be able to attend!! :) Are there any other SC kindergarten teachers out there who are attending??

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover