Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Last Thursday was our first day back after Christmas break. Since we were only in school 2 days this past week, I decided to teach about the new year. I read the adorable book: Squirrel's New Year's Resolutions. I purchased this book last year through Scholastic Book Clubs and it is great to explain what a resolution is to younger students who may not understand otherwise.
http://archuletafanscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/squirrels-New-years-resolution.jpg 

After reading the book, my kinders got a chance to write their own new year's resolutions. I thought they turned out so cute and this was a great chance to see who remembered their letter sounds after the break.
help other people
help my mom clean up
to write better
help my mom clean up

I love to see how they sound out words and I can hear each one of them talking to me as I read their writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover