Friday, February 19, 2016

Five for Friday - Feb. 19, 2016



fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party. This was a short week for us with having the President's Day holiday off from school on Monday, but there was still lots happening this week. So here's a peek at my week:
Divider 1
I am working on acquiring a new blog design and name that will be more fitting of my current role. I have decided to rename my blog: Palmetto State Primary to show that I have taught and am teaching the primary grades in our school. I chose Palmetto State since that is the nickname for South Carolina (my state!). You will start seeing this name as the watermarks on my photos so don't be too surprised when you do! I hope to have a new design on my blog soon so please keep checking back!

Divider 2






Since we were off from school on Monday, I got to spend the whole day with my little princess. We had a nice relaxing day and even went to lunch at Chick-Fil-A (her favorite place to eat...and play!). We also got to feed the ducks and geese at the pond behind Chick-Fil-A which is what she is doing in this picture. She could stand there and feed them all day I think but eventually we ran out of bread!











Divider 3



This week our classroom has continued to study biographies. My students are loving learning all about other people's lives. This week we have focused on learning about presidents. Each day we have studied a different president by reading a biography about him. Then we created an anchor chart together of what they learned. I premade the anchor charts and laminated them at the suggestion of Step Into Second. Then my students added what they had learned on sticky notes to the anchor chart. These have been pretty amazing and I am so proud of what they have learned.





Divider 4








To extend my students' learning about biographies, each of my students has chosen a famous American to do a mini-biography project on. They are LOVING these! They have chose presidents, famous inventors, and even a few famous, positive athletes. I hope to have a finished product to share with you soon.




Divider 5










Finally, I made the plunge this week and joined the other teachers using Instagram. I am excited and nervous about where this new journey will lead. If you are on Instagram, please leave me your link so I can follow you too. I have learned so much from other wonderful teachers like you! Please hop over and follow me on Instagram too if can.

@palmettostateprimary
#teachersofinstagram
#iteachtoo




Now head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching blog to see all the other weekly round-up posts from this week! Have a great weekend friends!


1 comment:

  1. Excited to see your new blog design! So fun! I'm on Instagram too - 1stepcloserteaching. I will look you up :) Have a great weekend!

    Ashley
    One Step Closer Teaching

    ReplyDelete

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover