Friday, February 12, 2016

Five for Friday - Feb. 12, 2016


fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party. This week has been BUSY but aren't they all!


Divider 1





Tuesday was the 102nd Day of School so our 2nd grade team decided to celebrate this special day! We used the 102 Dalmatians Disney movie as our inspiration. Everything I did was based on the Dalmatians theme. My 2nd graders really enjoyed all the fun activities and I did too (even though I was exhausted by the time the day was over!).




Divider 2




Our school has implemented the use of Daily 3 for our math block since we returned from Christmas break and my kiddos are jumping right in. They love using our classroom iPads that I got through Donors Choose to practice math facts on MobyMax. I use this as part of my Math By Myself. I am just getting my feet wet with Daily 3 so I would love any input I can get from teachers who have more experience with Daily 3! I especially need to know what are the "go-to" apps for math on your iPads.




Divider 3


My kiddos have just found the new books I got through a Donors Choose grant after Christmas. All of these books are on their reading levels and are nonfiction which is what they have been asking for over and over again! They absolutely LOVE reading them and sharing what they have learned. These have definitely been a favorite among my boys especially for their book baskets.




Divider 4






I made these for my kiddos for Valentine's Day. I thought they were so cute and so CHEAP! I got a pack of 20 Glow Stick bracelets at the Dollar Tree for $1 and then I printed the cute labels from The Teacher Wife for FREE! I love that they are not candy as well since it cuts down on my kiddos eating so many sweets!




Divider 5








Today we will Valentine's Day in my classroom since the holiday is on Sunday this year. Let's just say there has been candy everywhere in my room today! We are planning to party at 1:00 today with pizza, cupcakes, juice boxes and lots of other goodies! Of course it was lots of fun with lots of treats but I am glad it is Friday afternoon and time for a long weekend!

**For my kindergarten friends who have made it to the end of this post with me, I am putting my Lots of Love unit on sale through Sunday night for $1.00. This is normally a $5.00 unit so pick it up while it is on sale if you are interested in saving it for next year.


Now head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching blog to see all the other photos from this week! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you used 102 dalmatians film for your theme for 102nd day!! It looks like you had a ball! I love those cute dalmatian crafts too! The Valentine's gifts you made for your kiddos are adorable.

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover