Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Vacation & Some School Shopping

This week, my sweet hubby and I went on vacation to the lake. We stayed in a wonderful little cabin right on the lake and had such a nice relaxing time. We spent lots of time on the water fishing and just riding in the boat as well as swimming in the lake.
My hubby and me with a gorgeous lake sunset!
The sunset view! We could walk right out to the edge of the lake.
Inside our lake cabin - I LOVED the beautiful oak walls!
We had no internet service at our vacation spot, so I have not been able to post or read my fellow blogger's posts. I guess I will be spending the weekend catching up!

While we were on vacation, we made a stop by the local Walmart to pick up some necessary items to take with us to the cabin and I found some things I needed for my classroom.  I found the poly folders for $0.50 each which is a better buy than the usual $0.88 they usually are. I was able to grab 28 blue folders that I will be using for my kinders' homework folders. I will post pictures when I make the labels to go inside as well.

I also ran in the local Dollar Tree and found these wonderful baskets. They are a little larger than letter size paper and will be perfect for paper baskets. I can find so many uses for these and they were only $1! I bought all 4 they had and I will be looking for more of them when I go to another Dollar Tree. The worker there told me they came in yellow, red, blue, and green; I got the green and blue.

I also found an adorable star pointer at Michaels a few weeks ago for $1. It is laying in the basket right now.

Sorry for this incredibly long post, but I had so much to share with y'all!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty sunset! Sometimes it's nice to go somewhere without technology available..I bought the same paper baskets for finished/not finished assignments :)

    http://mspasquakinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about catching up! I was on vacation from Sunday until Thursday night and I have spent the last 2 days catching up on blogs/pinterest/TPT.

    ~Jenna
    Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment! We saw some of the prettiest sunsets ever while on vacation and it was nice to have a break from technology too.

    Joni
    KinderKids Fun

    ReplyDelete

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover