Since I love to read aloud to my kinders, I had to participate in the fun! Here are my favorites in no particular order:
1) The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn - This is a must read for me every year on the first day. It is so sweet and touching and has beautiful illustrations.
2) Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. & Eric Carle - This books has such cool illustrations and the repetitive text is perfect for kinders. They always want to read it multiple times and then learn to "read" it to themselves.
3) Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes - I love using this book during my All About Me unit at the beginning of the school year because it shows my kinders how they are each unique and special. They always become champions for Chrysanthemum!
4) The Sand Castle Contest by Robert Munsch - This is an adorable book that always keeps the kids laughing. Robert Munsch books are always a hit in my classroom!
5) A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon - The perfect book for my kinders who are ALWAYS sick! They love how her appearance changes throughout the book!
So now hop on over to The Teacher Wife blog and link up with your must have picture books!