Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wacky, Wonderful Weather

We have been working on our weather unit. We will continue this unit next week. Here are the things I have created to go with this unit.

What's in the Cloud? CVC words
I wanted something for my independent kiddos to do during group time and this activity sheet is just the thing I needed. I created this activity sheet for my kinder kids to practice stretching sounds in CVC words. This is an essential reading skill and something that most of the kinders I have worked with need extra practice on.


This is an activity that I created for my assistant to do with her small group during our guided reading time. The students will work together to sort the raindrops onto the correct word family umbrella. These are all word families that we have already focused on. You could also have your kinders do this as an independent center.
You can't really tell from this picture but I printed the umbrellas on light purple paper.
I hope you can use these activities too! Please leave a comment if you download. I love getting your feedback. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for making this! I know my kinders will enjoy using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the umbrella activity! This would be a fun way to use word sorts with students rather than just putting them in columns! Thank you for sharing!!

    Kristine
    Kristine's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover