Friday, December 11, 2015

WOW! I have been MIA for TOO Long!

I am so sorry that I have neglected my little blog for so long, but my life has had a lot of changes in the past 6 months. I haven't been as faithful posting since I had our little girl Macy who is now 2 1/2! She keeps me busy, busy, busy when I am at home! She is not the reason I haven't been on my blog as much though...


During the summer, I got the phone call that I dreaded getting. My principal decided that I needed to move to 2nd grade! Needless to say, I PANICKED!!! I have never taught 2nd grade! I loved kindergarten! I had taught kindergarten for 4 years! I loved my TA! I just couldn't do it! But I didn't get a choice...I was moving! So after a few good cries and being very upset, I packed up my whole life in kindergarten, took home loads of things I wouldn't leave behind and stored them in my attic (thank goodness I have a BIG one!), and moved into my itty bitty 2nd grade classroom.


Fast forward to 5 months later, I am teaching a class of 18 active but sweet 2nd graders with a great team of teachers. It is very different from kindergarten and what I was used to but I am adjusting (at least on most days) well. Thank goodness for some great people to work with.


Now that my little update is over, I just want you to know that I still have all my kindergarten materials on my blog and TpT store, but you will begin to see more 2nd grade materials posted too. I also am planning to have an update done to my blog to make it more current with my new position...and a little more generic in case I get moved again! Thank goodness I can't teach any higher than 3rd grade with my ECE degree! :)


Thanks for listening to my little rant! Only 5 more school days!! YAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover