Friday, April 24, 2015

Five for Friday - April 24, 2015

For today's post, I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party.
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

There has been lots going on this week both at home and school, but here is a quick peek at my week:


Divider 1
We have been working on word families and CVC words so these booklets from the Moffatt girls fit in perfectly (CVC booklets). Each page has a different CVC word on it that goes with the word family. I have my kinders stretch out the word and write it in the boxes and on the lines. It also comes with letters they can cut apart to build the word. My kinders love working on them and they are great for practicing both skills. After they have completed their books, they come and read them to either my TA or me which is good practice for them too.


Divider 2
My sweet M came to visit me at school this week. My mom had to leave her with me for a few minutes at the end of the day while she took my grandmother to a doctor's appointment so she got to play in centers with my kinders which they both loved! She is always excited when she gets to visit me at school.


Divider 3
 
My kinders wrote these really cute spring acrostic poems this week. This is my kinders first attempt at writing this way but it was a fun challenge. We brainstormed words that are associated with spring for each letter before I sent them off to write these on their own. I thought they did a great job on them!

Divider 4
I have been working with my kinders on addition and subtraction. This was a little kinder working on a subtraction practice page. He still needs the counters to find the correct answer but other kinders in my room have moved on to doing the basic facts in their heads.

Divider 5


These two kinders are working to read my new emergent reader - In Spring. This is a fairly simple book that incorporates quite a few sight words, but also has the kids rely on their toolbox of ideas on how to read unfamiliar words. The pictures are there to help them but they also may need to sound out the word and see if it makes sense. I love how they are tracking the print (especially since these are struggling readers)! This emergent reader is available in my TpT store for $1.25 - In Spring emergent reader

Now head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching blog to see all the other random photos from this week! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover