Monday, January 19, 2015

My Teacher's Dream

In honor of MLK day, I was thinking about dreams and I read this great blog post on Kathy Griffin's blog about a teacher's dream. It is so true and you can tell she is speaking with a true teacher's heart in mind.

In response to her post, here is my teacher's dream:

  • I hope that one day teachers will be respected as the professionals we are. We do not work as teachers because we cannot do anything else. We are teachers because we love helping children succeed. 
  • I hope legislators and other government officials will see that we put forth much more than is required of us by our contracts. No we do not work from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm and then leave it all behind. Even on days when I don't take home work I take home issues that my "children" have told me about and worry about them until I can hug them again the next morning.
  • I hope that one day teachers will be allowed do what we were meant to do - TEACH!! So frequently we are bombarded with all the assessments - report cards, interim reports, MAP, running records, etc. that we cannot appropriately teach the content to our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover