Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Freebie & Jan Brett Author Study

Next week we will be doing an author study of Jan Brett's books The Mitten and The Hat. I love both of these books and my kinders love them every year too. There are so many fun activities to do with these books. I do all the sequencing activities related to The Mitten with picture cards and my kinders will make their own minibook of the mitten.

I am also doing an extension activity with The Hat. I found this cute hat craft on Pinterest and we cut paper plates in half to make each child's hat. They will decorate their hat and we will give them cotton balls to make the fluffy ball at the top of their toboggan cap. This is a picture of how my sample one turned out. I am sure the one the kids make will be so cute too! 

After we made the toboggan caps, my kids used this writing paper to write about their hats. I printed this writing on light blue paper (although it doesn't look blue from this picture). 

You can click on the link below to download it for FREE in my TpT store. Please leave me some feedback if you download it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover