Friday, January 9, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!

Happy New Year 2015! I know I have been MIA during December. I was busy with both school and home life! I know all the other teacher moms out there understand what I'm talking about. 

This was our first week back at school and on Monday we talked about the new year and new year's resolutions. I read my students the book Squirrel's New Year's ResolutionI love this book because it explains what a resolution is and how to make one which is perfect with the lower elementary kids like kindergarten and first grade. After we talked about what resolutions are, my students wrote their new resolutions on this writing paper. I know it is too late for you to use it this year, but you are welcome to save it for next year.

Here are some of my kinders' resolutions:
make up my bed.


be a friend.


not cry.
(This is my child who cries EVERY morning so I hope this one actually happens!)


read better.
(This is my child who has a learning disability but has made such great gains this year...I am so proud!!)


be a good student.
(This child has come so far this year. She came in and didn't know any letters or sounds, but look at the progress she has made!! YAH!!)

Hope you are all having a great new year and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please let me know if you download the writing paper and please leave me feedback. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover