Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fairy Tale Fun

This week we began working on our fairy tale unit. This is a favorite of mine because I so enjoyed hearing and reading fairy tales as a child. Now I am sharing them with Macy, even though she is still a small. She loves hearing stories and looking at the pictures in her books. My kinders are just as excited about this as I am. They love to be read to and are doing so much better answering questions about the fairy tales.

One of the fairy tales I did this week was The Little Red Hen which is my mom’s favorite. She gave me the idea to have a treat to go along with the story for my kinders. We took small honey buns and cut them into bite size pieces. After I finished I sharing the story with them, I took out the pieces and I told them I wasn’t going to be like the little red hen. I was going to share my bread with them so they each got a piece of “bread” from me. They thought this was great. They enjoyed the story so much that we acted out the story again the next day with picture cards.

Next week we are also working on fairy tales and I am bringing in a special treat to go along with The Three Little Pigs. I will share it with you after I do it with my class. Have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover