Friday, January 13, 2017

Five for Friday - Friday the 13th Style!

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! So far this week, we have had a full moon, gone from highs in the low 30's Sunday to the middle 70's today, and have Friday the 13th today....can you say Teacher Tired?!
Image result for teacher tired


But I wanted to share with you a few things that have been happening this week so I'm joining up with Doodle Bugs Teaching Five For Friday.
fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb3


1 - We have been learning about homophones so my class and I created this simple anchor chart to help them remember what homophones are. Nothing fancy just a quick reminder for them I hope!


2 - I found out yesterday that my Donors Choose proposal for the Rooted in Reading books has been fully funded! Now I'm patiently (well maybe NOT so patiently) waiting for them to arrive! This proposal was funded so quickly! :)


3 - This week I've been working hard to level all my students on their current reading levels. We have to complete and turn these leveling sheets into our curriculum coach. Thankfully I finally finished the last kiddo's yesterday! YAH!


4 - Last Saturday, we had a chance of snow here in South Carolina and Miss M has never seen snow so we were hoping for some. We actually got a couple of 2-4 minute flurries, but nothing stuck. It was definitely a #SnowDayBust, but M still enjoyed it even though it was COLD! We are definitely not used to winter weather like some of you have!


5 - And finally this week was the College Football National Championship. We are a house divided by the South Carolina football teams - I am a die-hard Carolina Gamecocks fan while my hubby is a die-hard Clemson Tigers fan. Of course this week Clemson played in and WON the National Championship. My hubby was super excited and he even got to dress Miss M in her Clemson cheerleader outfit. I'm sorry but I just couldn't wear that gawdy shade of orange! LOL! Seriously though, I am proud that a SC team winning the National Championship!


Hope everyone enjoys your long weekend! I know I am planning to enjoy mine!
Image result for 3 day weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover