Saturday, March 5, 2016

Read Across America Week 2016

This past week was one of my favorite weeks of the school year. I simply LOVE teaching about Dr. Seuss and all of his wonderful books. He makes me want to read more to my students and this week we have had so many read-alouds.


My class did our first directed drawing of The Cat in the Hat from First Grade Blue Skies and they were so excited. I think they were precious!



Our school also participated in Read Across America Week 2016 by having 3 school spirit days starting on Dr. Seuss's birthday on Wednesday. I got some birthday hats from Dollar Tree for my students to wear and another wonderful teacher friend of mine made these adorable shirts for us to wear. She made our panda mascot wearing a Seuss hat and she put a different Seuss quote on the back of each person's shirt. I LOVE mine and I can wear it every year!


Thursday we celebrated Fox in Socks by wearing silly, crazy socks! I wore these silly apple socks! I rolled up my pant legs so you could see them better. I posted this picture on Thursday on Instagram which I am LOVING using since I can post it quickly!


Friday we celebrated our favorite Seuss characters. I dressed as The Cat in the Hat and my kiddos LOVED it! I had a couple of Things show up for school along with another Cat in the Hat. I also had a Sneetch and a couple of Foxes in Socks. They were precious!


Hope you had a great Read Across America week! Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover