Thursday, August 28, 2014

The First Week of School

Well we have officially been in school for 7 days now. They have been some very busy but fun days so far. I have 20 lovable kinders that I am loving getting to know better. They are really a sweet group this year.

With the start of the new school year, I have been implementing the Daily 5 into my classroom routine. If you have not heard about it, it is a structure for ELA instruction. We have been working on introducing Read to Self and building our stamina. Today we made it up to 6 minutes. I was so excited! I know that isn't long but it has taken us 5 days to get there. Here are some pictures of them doing Daily 5.




I hope your first days back have been fun (and busy!) like ours! If you do Daily 5 in your classroom, I would love to know how it is going. I am nervous implementing a new program, but I think it will be great. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover