Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teaching About MLK

I know this post is late, but I wanted to share with you. Last week, I taught about Martin Luther King Jr. I usually teach about him the week before the holiday but I was swamped with mid-year testing so we are learning about him this week

I saw the wonderful idea on Pinterest to use a white egg and a brown egg to teach about how on the outside we may look different but on the inside we are all the same. It was so interesting seeing how my kiddos responded to this activity.

Here are some pictures of the activity. They aren't very good. My camera wasn't having any part of these pictures for some strange reason.
The eggs before cracking - The shells are different colors (brown and white).
 
The eggs after cracking - The insides are the same!

The egg shells and the cracked eggs - They loved that the inside of the eggs were the same no matter what they looked like on the outside!

My kinders drew what the eggs looked like before cracking and after. I didn't get a picture of the before, but this is an after picture.

This would be a great activity to use next year with your kiddos if you haven't done this already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover